How much will debt collection cost
This price information is for assistance in relation to the recovery of debts for businesses up to the value of £100,000.00 that are undisputed.
The fees listed are all fixed fees. These costs apply where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and enforcement action is not needed.
If the other party disputes your claim at any point, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about costs if necessary, which could be on a fixed fee (e.g. if a one off letter is required), or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed.
Legal Fees and disbursements
(Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties).
Up to £1,500
Court Fee (disbursment) - £35 to £80 | Our legal fees for letter before action - £50 + VAT | Our legal fees for issuing court proceedings - £125 + VAT
£1,500 to £5,000
Court Fee (disbursment) - £115 to £205 | Our legal fees for letter before action - between £100 to £250 + VAT | Our legal fees for issuing court proceedings - between £125 to £500 + VAT
£5,000 to £10,000
Court Fee (disbursment) - £455 | Our legal fees for letter before action - between £100 to £250 + VAT | Our legal fees for issuing court proceedings - between £125 to £600 + VAT
£10,000 to £100,000
Court Fee (disbursment) - 5% of the value of the claim | Our legal fees for letter before action - between £100 to £300 + VAT | Our legal fees for issuing court proceedings - between £125 to £750 + VAT
Please also note the following:
- The VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor.
- Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost.
- The costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the bailiff, is needed to collect your debt.
What services does this fee include:
Letter Before Action stage
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation
- Sending a letter before action
- Receiving payment and sending onto you
Issuing proceedings stage
- Taking your instructions, reviewing documentation, drafting and issuing claim
- Where no Acknowledgment of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgement in default
- When Judgement in default is received, writing to the other side to request payment
- If payment is not received within 14 days, providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs
Please note that the fees quoted above do not include the costs of enforcing the Judgement.
The typical timescales
- Matters usually take between 1 -12 weeks from receipt of instructions from you to receipt of payment from the other side, depending on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim. This is on the basis that the other side pays promptly on receipt of Judgement in default.
- If enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve.
Very Professional Team
Meet the team
[our-team group="litigation-dispute-resolution" limit="3" ]