Solicitors in Hillsborough, Sheffield
We’re your friendly local law firm!
Our solicitors in Hillsborough are devoted to helping people and businesses across Sheffield with all their legal needs.
Our legal knowledge knows no bounds, and we can help you no matter how challenging your issue is. So, whether you are moving home, looking to make a Will, need advice about running a business, or any other legal matter, our team are ready and waiting to help.
Our Hillsborough office is conveniently located on Middlewood Road, right by Hillsborough Park. We are easily reachable on foot, by car and public transport, with the Supertram yellow line stopping just metres from our front door.
Tel: 0114 2300 140
Mon: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Tues: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Weds: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Thurs: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Fri: 9:00am - 5:00pm
How to find us
Reaching us by car
There is on street parking on the streets adjacent to Middlewood Road, including on Willis Road and Wadsley Lane.
You can also park at the Hillsborough Park pay-and-display car park, which has disabled spaces available and is a 10-minute walk from our office.
Reaching us by bus
There are a number of bus stops on Middlewood Road and the surrounding roads, so we can be easily reached from all over Sheffield and the wider South Yorkshire area. Bus numbers which run near our office include 18, 57, 58, 62, 97, 98, 135, 731, 765, 783 and M92.
Reaching us by tram
The Supertram yellow line runs through Middlewood Road. The closest stop to our office is the Leppings Lane stop.
Making our services accessible to everyone
Everyone is entitled to access legal services as conveniently as possible. We take our responsibility as an accessible law firm very seriously, and will do everything we can to accommodate you, no matter who you are or what you need from us.
So, if you have any particular needs or requirements, please do not hesitate to get in touch with a friendly member of our team for a confidential discussion.
Our Hillsborough office is ground level, so can be accessed by pram and wheelchair. There is plenty of on-street parking available very close by and disabled parking spaces are available at one of the nearby council car parks around Hillsborough Park. Our nearest tram stop on Middlewood Road is just outside our office.
Our services for you
What’s the most exciting thing about moving house? Watching your child settle into their new bedroom? Finally living in that area you love? Eating pizza on the living room floor on the first night?
You probably don’t consider all the legal conveyancing work to be the most exciting part. We don’t blame you, but unfortunately the legal stuff is essential, and it must be done right.
We can’t promise that we’ll get you excited about reading contracts and reviewing property searches. But what we can promise is that we’ll help you through the process as quickly and cost-effectively as possible. We’ll expertly handle all the legal aspects of your property transaction on your behalf, giving you more time to get excited about the move.
Our Hillsborough conveyancing solicitors offer proactive support for residential property matters including:
- Buying and selling freehold and leasehold property
- Specialist first time buyer advice, including help to buy
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Landlord & tenant advice, including tenancy agreements
- Buying and selling at auction
- Leasehold licences
- Restrictive covenants
- Registration or correction of title
- Amanah/Islamic/Shariah compliant finance
- Property trust Wills
- Freehold reversions
The death of a loved one isn’t easy, but the probate process doesn’t have to add extra stress. Our warm, sensitive team of probate solicitors in Hillsborough can support you through this difficult time, lending a listening ear and taking the administrative burden off your shoulders.
We can assist with all probate and estate administration matters, including:
- Obtaining the Grant of Representation (Grant of Probate if there is a Will or Grant of Letters of Administration if there is no Will).
- Handling the estate administration process, such as contacting organisations, paying off debts, selling property, distributing inheritance and handling Inheritance Tax.
- Advice about intestacy if the deceased person did not leave a Will.
It’s not fun to think about a future where you’re no longer around, but making a Will is the single most important thing you need to do to make sure your family are provided for.
Making a Will can also make your estate more tax-efficient, allowing your loved ones to inherit as much of your money and property as possible.
So, don’t leave things to chance. Our friendly Will solicitors in in Hillsborough can advise on Wills and lifetime planning matters including:
- Single and mirror Wills
- Property protection Wills
- Business Owners Wills
- Lifetime trusts
- Long-term care issues
- Resolving estate matters after death
- Trust creation and management service
We can also securely store your Will for free.
Not being able to make your decisions due to mental incapacity is a scary idea. However, it’s important to think about. Illnesses such as dementia, a condition such as a stroke, a brain injury, or simply old age – these are all reasons why you may benefit from support in the future.
A Power of Attorney allows you to appoint people you trust to make decisions about your finances and/or care and welfare in case you lose the ability to make your own decisions in the future.
A Power of Attorney can also be useful in a situation where you have capacity but need help with financial matters, for example, because you are about to have major surgery.
Our Hillsborough Power of Attorney solicitors can help you with all Power of Attorney related matters, including:
- Creating Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Registering Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Advice for people acting under a Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Court of Protection applications (where no Power of Attorney was created)
Getting your life back on track after you’ve had an accident can be tough. It can also be incredibly frustrating when you know the accident wasn’t your fault.
If you suffered an injury and someone else was at fault, we can help you claim personal injury compensation.
Our Hillsborough personal injury solicitors will listen closely to what happened then provide honest advice about your options. We can help you claim compensation for everything, from your pain and suffering, to financial losses, to the costs of care and home adaptations.
We can assist with all types of personal injury claim, including:
- Road traffic accidents (including pedestrian, cyclist, motorbike and passenger accidents)
- Accidents or illness abroad (including holiday accidents and food poisoning)
- Accidents at work
- Medical negligence
- Accidents in public places (such as slips, trips and falls)
- Serious injury and fatalities
We can also use our experience and contacts to help you access appropriate support services as quickly as possible.
Whether your job is your passion or just a way to pay the bills, a problem at work can have a serious negative impact on your wellbeing. From stress about losing your livelihood to a drop in self-confidence, it can be hard to know where to turn.
Coming to us for advice is the right step to take. Our employment law solicitors in Hillsborough can provide all the support you need to sort out the issue. We assist with all types of employment law disputes, including:
- Grievances, disciplinary issues
- Unfair dismissal
- Maternity and paternity rights
- Working time and pay
- Bullying and harassment
- Employment contracts
- Redundancy, transfer agreements and transfer of undertakings
- Employment tribunal claims
If you feel like you’ve run out of options and your debts keep spiralling, you can turn to us for advice. We know that asking for help is hard, but it can be the first step to getting things back under control.
Our Hillsborough insolvency solicitors can provide advice about:
- Re-organising your finances
- Negotiating with creditors
- Individual Voluntary Arrangements
- Advising on what bankruptcy means for partners and children
- Petitioning for bankruptcy and support afterwards
UK immigration laws can be challenging, even for native English speakers. There’s many long difficult forms that can trip you up along the way.
Our Hillsborough immigration solicitors are leading specialists in this area. We can assist with all aspects of immigration law, including:
- Visas and appeals for husbands/wives, fiancés, dependent relatives, students and visitors
- Home Office travel documents
- Certification of documents
- Sponsorship and declarations
Our team are multi-lingual and can speak to you in:
Our services for businesses
Embarking on a new business venture is an exciting time. But it’s vital to make sure that you get everything off to the best possible start by building the business on strong foundations.
Our business-savvy team love to help local businesses across Sheffield thrive. Our business start-up lawyers in Hillsborough can help you with:
- Deciding the best business structure for you
- Registering the new company
- Shareholder and partnership agreements
- Dealing with franchise agreements
- Personal guarantees
- Joint ventures with third parties
- Employment contracts
- Leases for new premises
We’re also the proud founders of the Wosskow Brown Foundation, a charitable organisation devoted to helping businesses grow and scale. Through our foundation, we’ve helped more than 900 businesses to build connections, access finance, plan for the future and more.
Being a great employer is just good business sense – happy employees stay longer and they are more productive. However, complying with your legal obligations as an employer is challenging, particularly as employment law changes all the time so it can feel like the goalposts are constantly being moved.
Having a specialist lawyer on side can help you keep employees happy, reduce the risk of disputes and put you in the strongest possible position if disputes do arise. In short, it can save you time and potentially even a lot of money.
Our Hillsborough employment lawyers can assist with all matters, including:
- Contracts of employment
- Terminating contracts of employment
- Disciplinary procedures
- Employment tribunal procedure
- Defending an unfair dismissal claim
- Maternity and paternity rights
- Allegations of sex/age/racial/other discrimination
- Equal pay
- Bullying and harassment
- Health and safety
- Transfer of undertakings
- Advice on redundancy and compromise agreements
Whether your commercial property is an investment or premises for your business, it is vital to ensure that it is managed effectively.
Our highly experienced team of commercial property solicitors in Hillsborough can advise on all matters, including:
- Commercial leases
- Commercial landlord & tenant law
- Acquisitions and disposals of freehold and leasehold commercial property
- Commercial mortgages and secured lending facilities
- Plot sales and property development
- Overage clawback agreements
- Option agreements and conditional contacts
- Shared ownership of freehold and leasehold property
- Any other complex or novel commercial or residential conveyancing transaction requiring specialist advice
From a business’s inception to the end of its life, there are many legal challenges that you may need to respond to. Having the right legal framework in place helps you regulate valuable commercial relationships and reduces the impact of disputes, allowing you to do business with confidence and potentially saving you money in the long run.
Our corporate & commercial solicitors in Hillsborough can advise you on:
- Company formation
- Shareholder agreements
- Partnership agreements
- Company law matters and directors’ duties
- Banking & finance documentation and guarantees
- Drafting and reviewing commercial contracts
If you feel like you have exhausted your credit control procedures and have got nowhere with your debtors, our business debt recovery solicitors in Hillsborough are here to help.
We offer a tailored approach to debt recovery, taking all the work off your hands so you don’t have to waste time and money chasing unpaid debts.
We have an impressive recovery rate and work quickly, making instructing our debt recovery solicitors the most cost-effective options.
Our expertise includes:
- Pre-action debt collection
- Debt settlement negotiations
- Court money claims
- Debt enforcement action (e.g. instructing bailiffs and securing debts over property)
Having the right legal advice could mean insolvency or survival for your business. We take a business rescue approach, taking all possible steps to help struggling businesses turn things around. We also have substantial insolvency expertise, so can help you achieve the best possible outcome for your employees, creditors, business partners and for your own future.
Our business rescue and restructuring solicitors in Hillsborough can provide pragmatic advice on all matters, including:
- Sole trader, partnership & company restructuring
- Time to pay arrangements
- Individual & Company Voluntary Arrangements (IVAs and CVAs)
- Schemes of arrangements
- Administration and receivership
- County Court Judgment (CCJ) help & advice
- Voluntary liquidation
- Winding-up Petitions & Compulsory liquidation
- Personal guarantees
- Directors’ disqualification
Friendly, Professional & Really Listened
Excellent Service from Beginning to End
Mr & Mrs Sampson
Friendly, Efficient & Clear
Very Good Service
Friendly and Professional
Friendly and Clear
Mr & Mrs Shirtcliffe
Impressive All-Round Service
Mr & Mrs Wragg
Very Pleased, Would Recommend
Friendly, Competent and Totally Professional
Mr & Mrs Greensides
Friendly & Approachable
High Level of Service
Very Efficient and Quick
Clear and Understanding
Friendly and Professional
Mr & Mrs Denton
Supportive and Helpful
Very Friendly and Efficient Staff
Above and Beyond
Very Helpful & Communicative
Friendly and Pleasant Staff