Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions
Our corporate team is highly experienced and one of the most active in South Yorkshire.
We make things happen and have a passion for our clients’ businesses and their future growth and success. We get things done and protect our clients’ interests.
Wosskow Brown’s corporate solicitors advise on all types of corporate transactions, whether it be an Acquisition, Selling Your Business, a Management Buy Out or Business Restructure. We can also assist with Financial and Legal Due Diligence, as well as Securing Funding for Growth, Banking, Debt and Equity Finance or Investment.
In addition, we can also provide assistance with Company Secretarial Services or Consulting and have a specialist team that deals with Business Start-ups, Shareholders Agreements and Disputes.
Organic growth is the cornerstone of most business expansion. However, a strategic acquisition can significantly enhance your business, whether it’s to add geographical coverage, or bring a key skill, product, or person in-house.
We can work with you to develop an acquisition strategy that delivers on your personal and corporate goals. We can also develop a robust funding structure that ensures the strategy enhances your existing business and minimises personal risk.
Our services include:
- Identifying potential acquisition targets
- Contacting and liaising with targets to establish interest and negotiate initial terms
- Liaising with external funders to secure acquisition finance
- Preparing and talking you through the legal transactional documentation
Our combined team will support you throughout, from the initial approaches to targets through to legal completion.
Selling your business
Selling a business can be the most significant transaction of business life. There is a broad range of issues to consider such as:
- Is now the right time to sell?
- Are there any ways to increase value prior to sale?
- What risks are involved?
- When will I get my money?
- What do I need to do to prepare for the sale?
- Will the buyer look after the staff?
- Could the management buy the business? Is an MBO or MBI possible or better?
- Will the consideration, if deferred, be secure?
- What will the legal process involve?
- What risks are involved?
We will work with you to consider these points and ensure:
- The business is in the best possible condition for sale
- That you generate interest from all potentially interested parties
- That you market at the most appropriate time
- That the sale process is managed to ensure it is as straightforward as possible to limit any impact on the business
Financial & legal due diligence
As well as having significant experience in carrying out all legal due diligence on acquisition targets, we also work with a broad range of debt and equity providers to support funding processes.
A third-party review of the financial information provided as part of a funding application can be essential to giving funders the comfort they are looking for to invest or lend.
With significant experience of working in the banking sector, we understand the focus and the detail that funders are looking for in this process. We produce short, tailored reports focused on key areas of risk and mitigation.
Management buyouts (MBOS)
Having the opportunity to buy the business you have worked in can often seem like a dream come true. However, when it comes to structuring a deal or raising money, the opportunity can suddenly feel daunting and possibly unattainable.
We have many years of experience in helping management teams attain that dream management buyout. Our focus is not only on completing the deal but also on creating the right structure to protect the business and create long-term value for the MBO team.
We provide support from the initial discussions through to legal completion; our combined team can provide the lead advisory and legal support to ensure a seamless process.
Funding for growth
With the current uncertainty in the economy, securing the right funding structure is imperative for all businesses. There are many options when looking for funding, we work with funders providing facilities from £50,000 to £10,000,000.
- Bank loans and overdrafts
- Trade finance
- Invoice discounting and factoring
- Mortgages and bridging facilities
- Leveraged debt
Request a Callback
We’re a team but we’re also proud of the individual people who work here. We’re confident you will find us approachable, understanding and experts in our field.
Commercial Legal Services
Get in touch with our corporate solicitors in Sheffield and Barnsley
Get in touch with our expert corporate and commercial law solicitors in Sheffield and Barnsley for help with mergers and acquisitions.
We have local offices across Sheffield on Attercliffe Road and in Gleadless and Hillsborough, plus an office in Barnsley.
Give us a call at your nearest branch or fill in our online enquiry form and we will give you a call back as soon as possible.