Solicitors in Gleadless, Sheffield
We’re your friendly local law firm!
Our Gleadless office is based on Gleadless Road, easy to remember and conveniently based for the people and businesses of our local community. You can reach us by car, bus, tram, or on foot if you live just down the road.
859 Gleadless Road
Tel: 0114 256 6566
Mon: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Tues: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Weds: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Thurs: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Fri: 9:00am - 5:00pm
How to find us
Reaching us by car
There is some free roadside parking outside our office on Gleadless Road.
Reaching us by bus
There are a number of bus stops nearby so we can be easily reached from all over Gleadless and the wider Sheffield and South Yorkshire area. Bus numbers which pass through or nearby Gleadless Road include 252 (which stops directly outside our office), 18, 51, 708, 719 and PS1.
Reaching us by tram
Our office is just a stone’s throw from the Gleadless Townend tram stop on the blue and purple lines.
Making our services accessible to everyone
Everyone should be able to access legal advice when they need it, so we take our responsibility as an accessible law firm extremely seriously.
If you have any needs or requirements, please do not hesitate to get in touch for a confidential discussion with a friendly member of our team and we will do everything possible to accommodate you.
Our Gleadless office is at ground level, so can be accessed by pushchair or wheelchair. It is also possible to park directly outside our office or very close by. Gleadless Townend tram stop is accessible by ramp/slope.
Our services for you
Moving house is a busy time, but it doesn’t have to be a stressful time. Our conveyancing solicitors in Gleadless are here to give you a helping hand. We may not be able to do your packing for you, but we can handle every legal aspect of your conveyancing transaction quickly and efficiently.
We can assist with all types of residential property transaction, including:
- Buying and selling freehold and leasehold property
- Specialist first time buyer advice, including help to buy
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Landlord & tenant advice, including tenancy agreements
- Buying and selling at auction
- Leasehold licences
- Restrictive covenants
- Registration or correction of title
- Amanah/Islamic/Shariah compliant finance
- Property trust Wills
- Freehold reversions
When a loved one dies, you don’t have to go through the difficult probate process alone. Our friendly team can share the burden, helping you sort out your relative or friend’s final affairs carefully and with sensitivity.
Our probate solicitors in Gleadless can provide a full probate and estate administration process, including:
- Obtaining the Grant of Representation (Grant of Probate if there is a Will or Grant of Letters of Administration if there is no Will).
- Handling the estate administration process, such as contacting organisations, paying off debts, selling property, distributing inheritance and handling Inheritance Tax.
- Advice about intestacy if the deceased person did not leave a Will.
Don’t leave it to the last minute to make your Will. Put you and your family’s mind at rest by putting your final affairs in order now. If you don’t, and you die intestate, your loved ones could be left with less than you want or even nothing (e.g. unmarried partners are not allowed to inherit unless you leave a Will).
Our friendly Will solicitors in Gleadless can provide advice on all Wills and lifetime planning matters, including:
- Single and mirror Wills
- Property protection Wills
- Business Owners Wills
- Lifetime trusts
- Long-term care issues
- Resolving estate matters after death
- Trust creation and management service
We can also securely store your Will for free.
Have you thought about who will support you later on in life if you start losing your mental capacity? We know it’s unpleasant to think about, but dementia, brain injuries and other conditions or illnesses can affect anyone.
Many people do not realise that their loved ones need legal authorisation to help them with their finances or care and welfare. You can grant the people you trust most this legal authorisation by making a Power of Attorney.
Our Gleadless Power of Attorney solicitors can help you plan for every future possibility, ensuring that your wishes are carefully recorded in a bespoke legal document. Our expertise includes:
- Creating Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Registering Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Advice for people acting under a Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Court of Protection applications (where no Power of Attorney was created)
Having an accident can be traumatic, but it is often the aftermath of the event that causes the most problems. Recovering from a physical injury and coping with the psychological aspects of going through trauma can seriously disrupt your life. As a result of the accident you may be unable to work, or do the things you once enjoyed most in life.
If you’ve had an accident and it wasn’t your fault, our personal injury solicitors in Gleadless can provide the support you need to put your life back on track. We can help with a wide range of personal injury compensation claims related to:
- Road traffic accidents (including pedestrian, cyclist, motorbike and passenger accidents)
- Accidents or illness abroad (including holiday accidents and food poisoning)
- Accidents at work
- Medical negligence
- Accidents in public places (such as slips, trips and falls)
- Serious injury and fatalities
You can also access our close contacts to help you access the right support service as quickly as possible.
Having problems at work can be very upsetting and demoralising. As well as the financial issues caused by a risk to or a loss of livelihood, we spend so much time at work that being treated unfairly or poorly can cause us to question our ability, even our self-worth.
We know just what you’re going through. Our Gleadless employment law solicitors can provide expert support to help you sort out a wide range of problems with your employer or former employer, including:
- Grievances, disciplinary issues
- Unfair dismissal
- Maternity and paternity rights
- Working time and pay
- Bullying and harassment
- Employment contracts
- Redundancy, transfer agreements and transfer of undertakings
- Employment tribunal claims
If you are finding it too hard to get on top of your debts, come to us for advice and support. We know it’s hard to reach out, but it is the first step to retaking control of your life.
Our insolvency solicitors in Gleadless can help you get your life back on track. We can provide advice on:
- Re-organising your finances
- Negotiating with creditors
- Individual Voluntary Arrangements
- Advising on what bankruptcy means for partners and children
- Petitioning for bankruptcy and support afterwards
Living and working in the UK is a dream for many, but it can feel like a nightmare when faced with so many long, technical forms and administrative hoops to jump through. Trying to sort everything out when English is not your first language only makes things harder.
Our Gleadless immigration solicitors are some of the most experienced immigration law experts in the country. We can help you with:
- Visas and appeals for husbands/wives, fiancés, dependent relatives, students and visitors
- Home Office travel documents
- Certification of documents
- Sponsorship and declarations
Our multi-lingual team can speak to you in:
Our services for businesses
Starting a new business is an exciting journey, but there are plenty of potential stumbling blocks that could prevent future success. Putting in place a strong foundation of members’ agreements, policies and commercial contracts is the recipe for getting your business off to the best possible start.
Our business-start up lawyers in Gleadless can help you with:
- Deciding the best business structure for you
- Registering the new company
- Shareholder and partnership agreements
- Dealing with franchise agreements
- Personal guarantees
- Joint ventures with third parties
- Employment contracts
- Leases for new premises
We are the proud founders of the Wosskow Brown Foundation, a charitable organisation dedicated to helping businesses grow and scale. Through our foundation, we’ve helped more than 900 businesses to build connections, access finance, plan for the future and more.
Employees have a lot of legal rights, so keeping up with your responsibilities as an employer can be challenging. Taking preventative measures to avoid employment disputes and keep your employees feeling safe and respected is the most cost-effective way to run your business – happy employees also tend to be more productive, so it’s a win-win for you.
Our Gleadless employment law solicitors can assist with all employment law matters, from non-contentious employment contract review and drafting services to helping businesses resolve contentious employment law disputes. Our expertise includes:
- Contracts of employment
- Terminating contracts of employment
- Disciplinary procedures
- Employment tribunal procedure
- Defending an unfair dismissal claim
- Maternity and paternity rights
- Allegations of sex/age/racial/other discrimination
- Equal pay
- Bullying and harassment
- Health and safety
- Transfer of undertakings
- Advice on redundancy and compromise agreements
Commercial property can be a valuable investment or the perfect premises for your business. Either way, managing your property effectively is essential to protect your interests.
Our highly experienced commercial property solicitors in Gleadless can advise on all matters, including:
- Commercial leases
- Commercial landlord & tenant law
- Acquisitions and disposals of freehold and leasehold commercial property
- Commercial mortgages and secured lending facilities
- Plot sales and property development
- Overage clawback agreements
- Option agreements and conditional contacts
- Shared ownership of freehold and leasehold property
- Any other complex or novel commercial or residential conveyancing transaction requiring specialist advice
Our Gleadless corporate and commercial law solicitors can assist your business at every stage of life, from its formation, through its day-to-day management, to its disposal or liquidation. We can advise you on:
- Company formation
- Shareholder agreements
- Partnership agreements
- Company law matters and directors’ duties
- Banking & finance documentation and guarantees
- Drafting and reviewing commercial contracts
If you have exhausted your credit control procedures and you are still having difficulties with debtors who will not or cannot repay, our Gleadless debt recovery solicitors are here to help. Rather than spending valuable time and resources chasing debts, it is much more cost-effective to instruct a debt recovery specialist to do the job for you.
We take fast, decisive action to help businesses recover debts, including:
- Pre-action debt collection
- Debt settlement negotiations
- Court money claims
- Debt enforcement action (e.g. instructing bailiffs and securing debts over property)
Most businesses face financial or operational difficulties at one point or another. It is the way you react to these challenges that can define whether your business ends up insolvent. Having the right legal support during this time is essential to achieve the best possible outcome for you, your colleagues, your employees and your creditors.
Our expert business rescue and restructuring solicitors in Gleadless can provide all the advice you need, including:
- Sole trader, partnership & company restructuring
- Time to pay arrangements
- Individual & Company Voluntary Arrangements (IVAs and CVAs)
- Schemes of arrangements
- Administration and receivership
- County Court Judgment (CCJ) help & advice
- Voluntary liquidation
- Winding-up Petitions & Compulsory liquidation
- Personal guarantees
- Directors’ disqualification
Pleasant and Professional Staff
Kind and helpful
Excellent Service Throughout
Incredibly Helpful and Understanding
Made a Difficult Task Easy
Clear & Understandable Explanation
Mr & Mrs Ellis
Clear, Professional, Friendly Service
Mr & Mrs Spencer
Clear, Friendly, Efficient Advise
Mrs Dyett & Mr Howard
Friendly and Helpful Staff
Very friendly, but still professional
Ms Walker & Mr Birchall
Understanding, Helpful & Efficient
Kind and Understanding
Impressive Customer Service
Excellent customer service, would recommend without hesitation
I was Listened to Carefully
Wonderful, Chatty and Helpful Staff
Mr & Mrs Jones
Friendly, Courteous and Understanding
Helpful and Friendly