Help to Buy Conveyancing
With houses prices and living costs rising too fast for wages to keep up, saving up to buy a home can feel futile.
Not everyone has the financial means to scrape together a deposit or get the huge mortgage required to buy a home nowadays, particularly if you are a single person or you don’t have a family to rely on.
Help to Buy was put in place by the government to help first time buyers get on the housing ladder. Some of the different schemes available include:
- Help to Buy: equity loan scheme – get a government loan of up to 20% of the value of a new build home
- Shared ownership – read more about the shared ownership scheme here
- Help to Buy: ISA – this scheme is only available if you already have an open Help to Buy ISA
Our conveyancing solicitors can handle all the legal aspects of your home purchase or sale. We have particular experience managing transactions involving Help to Buy, so you can trust us to complete every detail accurately and as efficiently as possible.
Here’s what you can expect from us:
- Fixed fees – so you know how much your conveyancing will cost from start to finish.
- Conveyancing Quality Scheme accredited lawyers.
- A friendly team that respond quickly to calls and emails.
- Proactivity – no delays will ever come from our side. We’ll always be pushing for progress.
- Regular updates – so you are never left in the dark about what stage your sale or purchase is at.
For general information about our conveyancing services and conveyancing FAQs, visit our Moving House page.
Three simple steps to get started with our Help to Buy conveyancing solicitors
1. Request a fixed fee conveyancing quote
Get an instant idea of how much your conveyancing is likely to cost with us by using our conveyancing calculator to request an instant quote.
Your online quote will cover our fees, VAT and anticipated third party costs (such as Land Registry fees).
When requesting your quote, remember to select First Time Buyer under Purchase Type:
If you want to use a Help to Buy ISA, a box will appear when you select First Time Buyer. Tick this option and put how many Help to Buy ISAs you want to use:
For all Help to Buy schemes, you need to tick the options for Shared Ownership/Help to Buy. Help to Buy properties are always new build, so make sure you also tick the New Build Property option:
Once you have your quote, do whatever you need to do before deciding to move forward with us – get some other quotes and check out our team to learn about our expert conveyancers.
2. Give us a call or send us a message
So, give us a call at your nearest branch, or fill in our online enquiry form, and we’ll give you a call back as soon as possible.
3. Let us work our magic
We can be ready to start your conveyancing as soon as you find your dream home or secure a seller. But before we can start acting, we’ll need to get some admin out of the way, such as verifying your identity. You’ll also need time to look over our terms & conditions to make sure you’re happy. So, if possible, get in touch with us a few weeks before you need us.
When you’re ready to instruct us, we’ll also confirm your conveyancing quote in writing. We specialise in fixed fee conveyancing, so you can trust that the price we give you is the price you’ll pay.
If any extra work is needed during your conveyancing transaction (e.g. a problem arises that needs some additional legal attention), we’ll always discuss this with you first, provide an updated quote, and obtain your consent to incur the necessary costs.
How our Help to Buy solicitors can help you
Help to Buy purchases and sales come with unique factors that need special legal attention. For example:
- Before solicitors can exchange contracts on a house, they may need Authority to Proceed from your Help to Buy agent.
- Help to Buy properties are always new builds which require particular enquiries to ensure they’re up to standard, especially if the property hasn’t yet been completed.
- Completing a Help to Buy transaction can be more complex in terms of transfers of funds. There can easily be delays if not managed carefully.
We are well versed in the requirements of Help to Buy conveyancing transactions. We’ll make sure that your home purchase or sale progresses as quickly and efficiently as possible with no unnecessary delays.
Why choose our Help to Buy lawyers?
Our conveyancing lawyers are Law Society accredited in the Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS). This means:
- We have successfully completed hundreds of conveyancing transactions for our clients.
- We’ll identify and help you side-step problems when they threaten to arise, saving you time.
- We’re upfront and clear about our fees (you’ll never be faced with unexpected costs).
- We’re approved to work with all kinds of mortgage lenders, including all the major banks and building societies, so you can focus on finding the best possible deal.
Get in touch with our Help to Buy conveyancing lawyers in Sheffield and Barnsley
Get in touch with our friendly, expert conveyancing solicitors in Sheffield and Barnsley to get your next home move underway.
Give us a call at your nearest branch or fill in our online enquiry form, and we’ll give you a call back as soon as possible.
Make an enquiry
Dedicated, Committed & Professional
Very Pleased, Would Recommend
The Work was Fantsastic
Very Friendly and Efficient Staff
Considerate, concerned manner
Most satisfied, and will use again
Could not have had nicer people dealing with my case
Mr & Mrs Hawley
Friendly and Professional
Very Efficient and Quick
Clear and Understanding
Above and Beyond
Impressed with communication
Pleasant and Patient Staff
Impressive Customer Service
Exceptional from start to finish
My first port of call for all legal work
Excellent Support and Advice
Attention to detail
Ms Wadsworth & Mr Wragg
Impressed by the Professioanlism
High Level of Service
Mr & Mrs Fenwick
Prompt and Professional
Mr & Mrs Sagar
Helpful and Professional
Very Good Service
Excellent Service from Beginning to End
Mr & Mrs Sampson
Very Helpful & Communicative
Quick, Polite and Professional
Mr & Mrs Shah
Mr & Mrs Shirtcliffe
Friendly and Professional
Made things easy
Supportive and Helpful
Mr & Mrs Denton