Solicitors in Woodseats, Sheffield
We’re your friendly local law firm!
Our Woodseats solicitors are dedicated to supporting people and businesses across Sheffield with all kinds of legal matters.
Whatever you need help with, we are confident we can do a great job for you. Our services cover everything from moving homes, to making Wills, to providing advice about running a business.
Our Woodseats office is conveniently located on Chesterfield Road which is easily reachable by car and by public transport.
We have four other offices across Sheffield on Attercliffe Road and Abbeydale Road, and in Gleadless and Hillsborough. We also have an office in Barnsley. So, pop in and see us wherever is most local to you.
Tel: 0114 2300 155
Mon: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Tues: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Weds: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Thurs: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Fri: 9:00am - 5:00pm
How to find us
Reaching us by car
There is on street parking along some parts of Chesterfield Road as well as on the neighbouring streets, including Woodseats Road and Broxholme Road.
Reaching us by bus
There are a number of bus stops nearby and the surrounding roads, so we can be easily reached from all over Sheffield and the wider South Yorkshire area. Bus numbers which run near our office include, 18, 24, 25, 43, 44, 75, 76, 76a, 719, 723 and X17.
Making our services accessible to everyone
You should be able to easily access legal advice when you need it, regardless of personal circumstances.
We will do everything possible to make your experience with us as comfortable and convenient as possible. So, if you have any particular needs, please do not hesitate to get in touch for a friendly, confidential conversation with a member of our team.
Our Woodseats office is ground level, with a slight step through the front door. There is plenty of on street parking available very close by, and the nearest council car park with disabled spaces is at Graves Park.
Our services for you
Whether you’re buying your first home, or you’ve been through the whole buying and selling rigmarole more times than you can count, moving homes is an exciting time.
Your to-do list during this time will likely be as long as your arm but having the right support can take some of the weight off.
Helping people through their property transactions is all in a day’s work for our Woodseats conveyancing solicitors.
While our team can’t help you pack boxes, get your child into the best local school or haggle with your removals company, we can make the legal aspects of the conveyancing process as simple and straightforward as possible.
We offer practical advice for all residential property matters, including:
- Buying and selling freehold and leasehold property
- Specialist first time buyer advice, including help to buy
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Landlord & tenant advice, including tenancy agreements
- Buying and selling at auction
- Leasehold licences
- Restrictive covenants
- Registration or correction of title
- Amanah/Islamic/Shariah compliant finance
- Property trust Wills
- Freehold reversions
Saying goodbye to a loved one is a painful experience. It is very normal for grief or shock to leave you feeling tired and overwhelmed. During this difficult time, it can be helpful to have someone to support you in sorting out the deceased’s final affairs.
Our Woodseats probate solicitors can provide all the help and guidance you need. Whether you’d like us to handle the entire estate administration, or you just need some advice about where to start, we’re more than happy to help.
Our service includes:
- Obtaining the Grant of Representation (Grant of Probate if there is a Will or Grant of Letters of Administration if there is no Will).
- Handling the estate administration process, such as contacting organisations, paying off debts, selling property, distributing inheritance and handling Inheritance Tax.
- Advice about intestacy if the deceased person did not leave a Will.
Leaving a Will isn’t just a formality, it’s essential to make sure that your loved ones can fully benefit from your hard-earned money and property after you die.
Failing to make a Will could mean that certain loved ones miss out, or they don’t receive as much inheritance as you would want them to. It is also likely to mean that they’ll have to pay more Inheritance Tax out of your estate than expected.
We know that making plans for after you die can feel very morbid, but once it’s done and ticked off the to-do list, you can move on with peace of mind that you’ve done right by your family.
Our friendly Will solicitors in Woodseats offer a fast, simple Will writing service to help you put your final affairs in order.
We can also make and manage trusts, giving you full control over who gets your money and how they use it, during your lifetime and after you pass away.
We can advise on:
- Single and mirror Wills
- Property protection Wills
- Business Owners Wills
- Lifetime trusts
- Long-term care issues
- Resolving estate matters after death
We can also securely store your Will for free.
We all hope that illness and injury will leave our families alone, but sadly we cannot control the future. Planning for it is the best way to make sure that you get the support and care you need if or when you need it.
A Power of Attorney is a legal document you can make to appoint people you trust to make decisions about your finances and/or health & welfare in case you lose mental capacity or cannot manage your own decisions in the future.
Making a Power of Attorney can protect against the consequences of dementia, a brain injury, a stroke, old age, or any illness or condition that might affect your independence.
Our warm, sensitive Power of Attorney solicitors in Woodseats can help you plan for the future, putting in place strong legal documents that reflect your wishes and make sure that your loved ones can provide the care you need later on.
In the absence of a Power of Attorney or necessary legal authorisation, we also assist people with Court of Protection applications.
Have you had a life-changing accident that was caused by someone else? You may be entitled to claim personal injury compensation to help you recover, restore your quality of life and pay for any financial losses.
Our Woodseats personal injury solicitors can help you claim everything you are owed, giving you the best possible chance of achieving a positive settlement.
With us on your side, it’s unlikely you will need to go to court. We specialise in strategic negotiation, persuading at-fault parties to pay for everything you need to move on with your life.
Our expertise includes helping people claim for:
- Road traffic accidents (including pedestrian, cyclist, motorbike and passenger accidents)
- Accidents or illness abroad (including holiday accidents and food poisoning)
- Accidents at work
- Medical negligence
- Accidents in public places (such as slips, trips and falls)
- Serious injury and fatalities
It doesn’t matter whether your job is your life’s passion or just a way to pay the bills, having problems at work can be very stressful and demoralising.
Our employment law solicitors in Woodseats can help you sort out a wide range of problems with your employer or former employer, including:
- Grievances, disciplinary issues
- Unfair dismissal
- Maternity and paternity rights
- Working time and pay
- Bullying and harassment
- Employment contracts
- Redundancy, transfer agreements and transfer of undertakings
- Employment tribunal claims
The hardest part of sorting out spiralling debts is asking for help. Our Woodseats insolvency solicitors can take some of the weight off your shoulders and provide advice about the options you have, including:
- Re-organising your finances
- Negotiating with creditors
- Individual Voluntary Arrangements
- Advising on what bankruptcy means for partners and children
- Petitioning for bankruptcy and support afterwards
Our Woodseats immigration solicitors can help you with all types of immigration and visa matters, including:
- Visas and appeals for husbands/wives, fiancés, dependent relatives, students and visitors
- Home Office travel documents
- Certification of documents
- Sponsorship and declarations
The UK immigration process is daunting, particularly if English is not your native language. We are some of the most experienced immigration specialists in the country and can handle every legal aspect of the process on your behalf.
Our multi-lingual team can speak to you in the following languages:
Our services for businesses
While getting a new business off the ground takes passion and commitment, putting in place a strong legal foundation of agreements, policies and commercial contracts is the key to long-term success.
Our business start-up lawyers in Woodseats can help you with:
- Deciding the best business structure for you
- Registering the new company
- Shareholder and partnership agreements
- Dealing with franchise agreements
- Personal guarantees
- Joint ventures with third parties
- Employment contracts
- Leases for new premises
We are the proud founders of the Wosskow Brown Foundation, a charitable organisation dedicated to helping businesses grow and scale. Through our foundation, we’ve helped more than 900 businesses to build connections, access finance, plan for the future and more.
Keeping up with your employees’ rights and responsibilities is a job in itself but making sure you get everything right pays off. As well as avoiding disputes and expensive legal action, empowered employees are happy, loyal and productive.
Our Woodseats employment law solicitors can provide advice about all contentious and non-contentious employment matters, including:
- Contracts of employment
- Terminating contracts of employment
- Disciplinary procedures
- Employment tribunal procedure
- Defending an unfair dismissal claim
- Maternity and paternity rights
- Allegations of sex/age/racial/other discrimination
- Equal pay
- Bullying and harassment
- Health and safety
- Transfer of undertakings
- Advice on redundancy and compromise agreements
From long-term investments to temporary business premises, whatever your commercial property is for, managing your interests effectively is essential for your success.
Our specialist commercial property solicitors in Woodseats can advise on all matters, including:
- Commercial leases
- Commercial landlord & tenant law
- Acquisitions and disposals of freehold and leasehold commercial property
- Commercial mortgages and secured lending facilities
- Plot sales and property development
- Overage clawback agreements
- Option agreements and conditional contacts
- Shared ownership of freehold and leasehold property
- Any other complex or novel commercial or residential conveyancing transaction requiring specialist advice
Our corporate and commercial law solicitors in Woodseats can provide practical, business-minded advice to support your business at every stage of its life, from formation, through its day-to-day management, to its disposal or liquidation. Our expertise includes:
- Company formation
- Shareholder agreements
- Partnership agreements
- Company law matters and directors’ duties
- Banking & finance documentation and guarantees
- Drafting and reviewing commercial contracts
Chasing unpaid debts and managing cash flow issues can take up valuable time and resources that would be better spent growing your business. If you have exhausted your credit control procedures and your debtors still will not repay, our debt recovery solicitors in Woodseats can help you take fast, decisive legal action to recovery what is owed. Our expertise includes:
- Pre-action debt collection
- Debt settlement negotiations
- Court money claims
- Debt enforcement action (e.g. instructing bailiffs and securing debts over property)
It is common for businesses to face financial or operational struggles at one point or another during their lifetime. It is how the business responds to the challenges that define whether it survives or not.
Our expert business rescue and restructuring solicitors in Woodseats can provide the legal advice and support you need to achieve the best possible outcome for you, your colleagues, your employees and your creditors. Our expertise includes:
- Sole trader, partnership & company restructuring
- Time to pay arrangements
- Individual & Company Voluntary Arrangements (IVAs and CVAs)
- Schemes of arrangements
- Administration and receivership
- County Court Judgment (CCJ) help & advice
- Voluntary liquidation
- Winding-up Petitions & Compulsory liquidation
- Personal guarantees
- Directors’ disqualification
Friendly and Professional
Impeccable Attention to Detail