Solicitors on Abbeydale Road, Sheffield
We’re your friendly local law firm!
The solicitors at our Abbeydale Road office love helping people and businesses across Sheffield with all of their legal needs.
We have real depth and breadth of legal expertise, so whether you’re buying or selling your home, need help making a Will, are looking for astute business law advice, or have any other legal conundrum you need help with, our team is here for you.
Our Abbeydale Road office is conveniently located on one of the main roads into Sheffield, so you can easily reach us by car, public transport or on foot if you’re based locally.
Tel: 0114 256 6565
Mon: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Tues: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Weds: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Thurs: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Fri: 9:00am - 5:00pm
How to find us
Reaching us by car
There is on-street parking outside our Abbeydale Road office.
Reaching us by bus
Abbeydale Road is served by a number of bus services, including numbers 75, 76, 86, 98 and 798.
Making our services accessible to everyone
It is important to us that everyone who needs our help is able to access it, irrespective of their unique individual needs.
Our Abbeydale office is located on the ground floor and is wheelchair and pushchair accessible. If you have any particular needs or accommodations you require, please do not hesitate to get in touch for a friendly, confidential discussion with a member of our team.
Our services for you
Moving house is exciting but it can also be stressful. While we can’t pack your boxes or help you carry your furniture, we can take care of all the legal details for you, so you get the keys to your new place in your hand as soon as possible.
Our Abbeydale Road conveyancing solicitors offer proactive support for residential property matters including:
- Buying and selling freehold and leasehold property
- Specialist first time buyer advice, including help to buy
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Landlord & tenant advice, including tenancy agreements
- Buying and selling at auction
- Leasehold licences
- Restrictive covenants
- Registration or correction of title
- Amanah/Islamic/Shariah compliant finance
- Property trust Wills
- Freehold reversions
The death of a loved one is never easy, but the legal process of dealing with their estate doesn’t need to be an additional source of worry. Our sensitive team are here to support you at this difficult time, taking the administrative burden off your shoulders.
Our Abbeydale Road probate solicitors can provide a full probate and estate administration service or assist with individual matters, including:
- Obtaining the Grant of Representation (Grant of Probate if there is a Will or Grant of Letters of Administration if there is no Will).
- Handling the estate administration process, such as contacting organisations, paying off debts, selling property, distributing inheritance and handling Inheritance Tax.
- Advice about intestacy if the deceased person did not leave a Will.
Nobody likes reflecting on their own mortality, but you can make things much more difficult for your loved ones if you fail to leave a Will, as well as risking your estate going to people you would not have intended.
Our friendly Will solicitors in Abbeydale Road can advise on Wills and lifetime planning matters including:
- Single and mirror Wills
- Property protection Wills
- Business Owners Wills
- Lifetime trusts
- Long-term care issues
- Resolving estate matters after death
- Trust creation and management service
We can also securely store your Will for free.
Losing the ability to manage your affairs is a scary thought, but one that it pays to consider, especially where you have concerns about your future mental capacity or you work in a high-risk profession.
With a Lasting Power of Attorney, you can nominate a person or people that you trust to make decisions about your finances, home, health and welfare if you every lose the ability to do so yourself. This can give you real peace of mind and make things much easier for your loved ones.
Our Power of Attorney solicitors in Abbeydale Road can assist with:
- Creating Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Registering Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Advice for people acting under a Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Court of Protection applications (where no Power of Attorney was created)
The impact a personal injury can have on your life can be huge, affecting your health, mental wellbeing, work and relationships. Claiming compensation can be the first step in getting your life back on track and this is something our friendly, empathetic team will be happy to help with.
Our Abbeydale Road personal injury solicitors can provide clear, experienced legal guidance and close personal support for personal injury claims related to:
- Road traffic accidents (including pedestrian, cyclist, motorbike and passenger accidents)
- Accidents or illness abroad (including holiday accidents and food poisoning)
- Accidents at work
- Medical negligence
- Accidents in public places (such as slips, trips and falls)
- Serious injury and fatalities
We can also use our experience and contacts to help you access appropriate support services as quickly as possible.
Your job can be so much more than just a way to pay the bills (although that is important too!). Any issues you run into with your employment can not only threaten your livelihood, but also your mental wellbeing and sense of self-worth. Getting clear legal advice if you feel you have been mistreated can start the process of putting things rights.
Our employment law solicitors on Abbeydale Road can provide expert support for employees dealing with issues including:
- Grievances, disciplinary issues
- Unfair dismissal
- Maternity and paternity rights
- Working time and pay
- Bullying and harassment
- Employment contracts
- Redundancy, transfer agreements and transfer of undertakings
- Employment tribunal claims
It’s a common situation many people find themselves in – their debts have spiralled out of control and they are now facing serious financial difficulties. It can be hard to reach out and ask for help, but speaking to our team can really help you start to get things under control.
Our insolvency solicitors based on Abbeydale Road can help you get your life back on track with support on:
- Re-organising your finances
- Negotiating with creditors
- Individual Voluntary Arrangements
- Advising on what bankruptcy means for partners and children
- Petitioning for bankruptcy and support afterwards
Dealing with UK immigration laws can be intimidating, with lots of long, technical forms to navigate and the exact meaning of the different requirements not always being as clear as they might be. Trying to do this if English isn’t your first language can make things even more difficult.
Our Abbeydale Road immigration solicitors are experts in all areas of immigration law, including:
- Visas and appeals for husbands/wives, fiancés, dependent relatives, students and visitors
- Home Office travel documents
- Certification of documents
- Sponsorship and declarations
For your convenience, our multi-lingual team can speak to you in:
Our services for businesses
Getting a new business venture off the ground is exciting, but it’s important to make sure your new venture is built on solid legal foundations. Our business-savvy team can offer technical expertise and commercial insights, helping you to take advantage of the right opportunities and sidestep many of the common problems that can sink new businesses.
The business start-up lawyers at our Abbeydale Road office can help you with:
- Deciding the best business structure for you
- Registering the new company
- Shareholder and partnership agreements
- Dealing with franchise agreements
- Personal guarantees
- Joint ventures with third parties
- Employment contracts
- Leases for new premises
We’re also the proud founders of the Wosskow Brown Foundation, a charitable organisation devoted to helping businesses grow and scale. Through our foundation, we’ve helped more than 900 businesses to build connections, access finance, plan for the future and more.
Treating your employees fairly is a legal requirement as well as being good general practice. While it might seem intuitive, it is much safer and simpler for you and your whole team if you have a clear framework in place to ensure fairness and to protect you if an employee ever raises a potential claim for unfair treatment.
Our Abbeydale Road employment lawyers can assist with matters including:
- Contracts of employment
- Terminating contracts of employment
- Disciplinary procedures
- Employment tribunal procedure
- Defending an unfair dismissal claim
- Maternity and paternity rights
- Allegations of sex/age/racial/other discrimination
- Equal pay
- Bullying and harassment
- Health and safety
- Transfer of undertakings
- Advice on redundancy and compromise agreements
Commercial property can be a great investment or it may provide vital premises for your business. Either way, property is often a business’s most valuable asset, so it is simple good sense to make sure that asset is managed effectively from a legal standpoint.
The highly experienced team of commercial property solicitors at our Abbeydale Road office can advise on matters including:
- Commercial leases
- Commercial landlord & tenant law
- Acquisitions and disposals of freehold and leasehold commercial property
- Commercial mortgages and secured lending facilities
- Plot sales and property development
- Overage clawback agreements
- Option agreements and conditional contacts
- Shared ownership of freehold and leasehold property
- Any other complex or novel commercial or residential conveyancing transaction requiring specialist advice
At every stage of a business’s life, there are various legal challenges you must respond to. Getting the right legal framework in place provides certainty over how your business and key commercial relationship will operate, allowing you to operate with confidence.
Our Abbeydale Road corporate & commercial solicitors can advise you on:
- Company formation
- Shareholder agreements
- Partnership agreements
- Company law matters and directors’ duties
- Banking & finance documentation and guarantees
- Drafting and reviewing commercial contracts
Unpaid invoices and other debts can be seriously disruptive to a business’s cashflow, as well as having the potential to waste a lot of valuable time and energy chasing those debts. Often, it is far more cost-effective to hand the problem over to an expert team who can take care of chasing the debt for you.
At Wosskow Brown, we offer a tailored approach to business debt recovery, taking proactive steps recover outstanding debts as quickly and cost-effectively as possible, while protecting your reputation and commercial relationships.
Our Abbeydale Road debt recovery solicitors take quick, decisive action to help businesses recover debts, including:
- Pre-action debt collection
- Debt settlement negotiations
- Court money claims
- Debt enforcement action (e.g. instructing bailiffs and securing debts over property)
Where your business is struggling, early intervention can be the difference between being able to save your business or insolvency. Where insolvency cannot be avoided, having the right legal support can help you achieve the best possible outcome for your employees, your creditors and your own future.
The specialist business rescue and restructuring solicitors at our Abbeydale Road office offer timely, pragmatic assistance with matters including:
- Sole trader, partnership & company restructuring
- Time to pay arrangements
- Individual & Company Voluntary Arrangements (IVAs and CVAs)
- Schemes of arrangements
- Administration and receivership
- County Court Judgment (CCJ) help & advice
- Voluntary liquidation
- Winding-up Petitions & Compulsory liquidation
- Personal guarantees
- Directors’ disqualification
Impressed by the Professioanlism
Mr & Mrs Fenwick
Most satisfied, and will use again